How to Flash BLU Studio X10
Earlier on when BLU Studio X10 was released, we published a post to show our readers the features, specifications and price of this most adorable BLU Studio X10 device called . As well as how you can perform a hard or soft reset when your becomes unresponsive or should you choose to give to someone else with no data in it.
Usually, a hard or soft reset with the guide provided for BLU Studio X10 is supposed to fix any possible software issue you might be experiencing with your BLU Studio X10 or other similar android devices that the quick fixing guide for issues like camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other malfunction could solve. But if you have tried that already and it failed then, you should probably opt-in for formatting in this case I will show you how to use Android Flash Tool to format your .
Steps on how to flash BLU Studio X10 with A Flash Tool:
- Download the stock ROM of BLU Studio X10 .
- As usual, you need to place your phone on charge till it is charged not less than 50 percent before you process else you phone might not wake up even after formatting.
- Next, you will have to follow the instruction of using a Firmware Flashing or Upgrade Tool as explained
Step 1: If you don’t have the MTK Driver, you will need to download it here and make sure to install it.
Step 2: You will also need to download and install MT6XX VCOM drivers here.
Step 3: Now you need to download the SP Flash tool here, this is the tool we are going to be using for flashing, after downloading it, extract it and keep it in a location you can remember, we recommend you keeping it on your Desktop screen.
Step 4: Now download the phone stock ROM and extract it to a folder location you can remember.
Step 5: Now open the SP Flash tool folder and scroll down you will see ‘flash tool’, double click on it.
Step 6: After it has open, you will see a button that says ‘scatter-loading’, click on it and locate the folder where you kept the stock ROM you downloaded, and inside the stock ROM folder you will see a file named ‘‘MT65XX_Android_scatter’. In place of that ‘XX’ you might see some numbers there, don’t bother about it, just select it and let it load on the SP Flash tool.
Step 7: Now on the list of files that will be loaded you need to untick ‘Preloader’ if the phone is completely DEAD, but if it is not, then leave it.
Step 8: Now make sure you also untick ‘DSP_BL’, if it is found on the list when trying to flash the device with an older chipset.
Step 9: Now click on the download button.
Step 10: Now power off the device if the device is a non-removable battery, leave it for 30 seconds after power off. If it’s a phone with a battery, remove the battery and put it back.
Step 11: Now connect the device with a USB cable to the computer and wait for the SP Flash Tool to detect the phone.
Step 12: If SP Flash Tool has not detected the phone, while it is still connected to the computer, now hold down the volume up and down button and it will be detected. For some phones, you just need to tap the power button.
Step 13: Immediately the phone is detected you will see a red line and after that a yellow line, then at a time a purple line and after that a green line.
Step 14: Once the flashing is completed you will see a dialog with a big green mark, now unplug the USB from the phone and if it’s a phone with a battery remove the battery and put it back then power on the phone.
Step 15: If the device keeps booting at the phone logo, you will need to do a Hard Reset for your device, check here on how to do a hard or soft reset here.
- Stock Firmware flashing can be applied to Unbrick your BLU Studio X10
- Stock ROM flashing can be applied to fix Bootloop issues.
- Stock Firmware flashing can be applied to either upgrade or downgrade your BLU Studio X10
- It can be applied to unroot or fix bugs on your BLU Studio X10 .
- To fix stutter or lag on your BLU Studio X10
- Stock firmware flashing is effective in solving software issues of BLU Studio X10 .
- Stock firmware flashing can be applied to revert back to the stock of your BLU Studio X10 to gain your warranty.
Just before you follow the tips below to upgrade or downgrade your BLU Studio X10 . Do a backup of your personal data:
- Setup an auto or carry out a manual backup regularly of your BLU Studio X10 following our guide here with data or Wi-Fi connection.
- You can also backup your BLU Studio X10 offline – without internet connection following the steps provided here.
Tips to Remember:
- This update is meant for BLU Studio X10 users only.
- Be sure to try the other method of installing stock firmware if yours have unlocked Bootloader issue.
- TWRP Recovery is a good alternative on how to upgrade your device if you don’t want to do it the normal way. Here is a post on TWRP Recovery.
- THEUPSPOT is in no way responsible for any damage you might have on your BLU Studio X10 while installing the update.
- The usual upgrade steps require the use of PC or Laptop to carry out the firmware flashing.
- Ensure that you have an updated and working USB drivers installed.
To request a download link, simply drop your email in the comment box below.